Lewes mini hockey – fun, and good for you!
Bringing your children to mini hockey at Lewes is a great way to introduce them to hockey.
We offer qualified coaches, structured training sessions and fun! But most importantly we aim to provide the best environment to give children every opportunity to fulfill their potential and create a life long relationship with one of the greatest sports in the world.
Mini hockey information
Mini hockey coaching sessions begin on Sunday 16th September 2012 and we welcome all new and returning children in school years 3-7 to the club. Please make sure you register between 9.45 and 9.55 in the club house each week before going to the pitch. The sessions start at 10 am and finish at 11 am. Tea and coffee can be purchased in the club house for thirsty parents in need of a warm drink and some peace and quiet. For further information please contact email@example.com
End of season finale!
The last mini hockey session will be on Sunday March 24th. We will be holding another spectacular tournament for adults and children alike so dust off your sticks or just borrow one at the club on the day if you have never picked one up before. More info will be available nearer the time.
NEW – Thursday evenings for U12 boys
Lewes HC are now running boys U12s hockey (school yrs 5,6,7) training from 5.30 to 6.30 on Thursday nights at the Southdown Club. All are welcome so please do drop in and give it a try. It’s free to Lewes HC members and £2 per session for others. U12 training will still also take place on Sunday mornings so the boys can do one or 2 sessions a week depending on their other time commitments.
Our Junior hockey mission statement
Hockey sticks are provided for those who need them and children should wear sports clothing and trainers. They also need to be equipped for the weather, including warm rainproof clothing and gloves if necessary. Please ensure that your child has shin pads and gum shields – these are essential.
Training will continue unless the pitch is frozen or waterlogged. If you are unsure whether training is on please phone the Southdown Club on 01273 480630 after 9.15am on Sunday morning – a notice will be given to the reception.
Why bring my children to Lewes?
- Fun, friendly, family atmosphere
- Top quality coaching from experience coaches including goal keeper coaching.
- We have one of the best astro pitches in Sussex.
- You can grab a coffee in the club house for a peaceful chance to read the Sunday papers.
- There is a clear path of progression from Junior mixed to Lions and Lionesses hockey.
- We have specific leagues for youngsters such as Mercian under 16 and under 18.
- Further progression into the 13 adult teams. Currently we have ex-lions and lionesses players contributing to every team in the club.
- We run hockey camps sponsored by InterSport of Lewes during the school holidays.