Bringing your children to mini hockey at Lewes is a great way to introduce them to hockey.
u12s and u10s start on 9th September 2018
u8s and u6s start on 16th September
We offer qualified coaches, structured training sessions and fun! But most importantly we aim to provide the best environment to give children every opportunity to fulfill their potential and create a life long relationship with one of the greatest sports in the world.
Mini hockey information
Mini hockey coaching sessions run from 10th September 2017 to March on Sunday mornings and we welcome all new and returning children in school years 3-7 to the club.
Please make sure you register in the club house each week before going to the pitch.
SESSION 1: Under 8’s mixed from 9.30am to 10.30am
SESSION 2: Girls and Boys under 10’s from 10.00am to 11.00am.
SESSION 2: Girls and Boys U12’s from 11.00am to 12.00am.
Tea and coffee can be purchased in the club house for thirsty parents in need of a warm drink and some peace and quiet. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hockey sticks are provided for those who need them and children should wear sports clothing and trainers. They also need to be equipped for the weather, including warm rainproof clothing and gloves if necessary. Please ensure that your child has shin pads and gum shields – these are essential.
Training will continue unless the pitch is frozen or waterlogged. If you are unsure whether training is on please phone the Southdown Club on 01273 480630 after 9.15am on Sunday morning – a notice will be given to the reception.
Why bring my children to Lewes?
- Fun, friendly, family atmosphere
- Top quality coaching from experience coaches including goal keeper coaching.
- We have one of the best astro pitches in Sussex.
- You can grab a coffee and slice of cake in the club house for a peaceful chance to read the Sunday papers.
- There is a clear path of progression from Junior mixed to Lions and Lionesses hockey.
- We have specific leagues for youngsters such as Mercian under 16 and under 18.
- Further progression into the 13 adult teams. Currently we have ex-lions and lionesses players contributing to every team in the club.
- We run hockey camps sponsored by InterSport of Lewes during the school holidays.
We are very lucky to have been sponsored with some new goalie helmets for the mini section of the club by Guardian Pro Mouthguards. Many thanks to them!
For information about this season's tournaments please see the individual team pages for u10 girls, u10 boys, u12 girls, u12 boys. For the U8s please see fixtures section below.